Who We Are
Christian Embassy is an international, multicultural church with Anointed Praise and Worship, Relevant Messages and Loving Relationships. 2 Corinthians 5:20 tells us that we are ambassadors for Christ and we represent His Kingdom here on earth.
To reach out to all races, cultures, creeds and backgrounds with the uncompromised Word of God. To win the families by reaching the hearts of the children for Christ. To provide a safe place where you can experience the supernatural manifest of God’s power.
The Great Commandment
“Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.’ ” (Matthew 22:37-40 NIV)
The Great Commission
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:19-20 NIV)
What We Believe
1. We believe there is but one living and true God, everlasting, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness; Maker and Preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in the unity of this Godhead, there are three Persons of one substance of eternal being, and equal in holiness, justice, wisdom, power, and dignity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Son, who is the Word of the Father, the very and eternal God, of one substance with the Father, took man’s nature in the womb of the blessed virgin; so that two whole and perfect natures, that is to say, the Godhead and the manhood were joined together in one Person, never to be divided, whereof is one Christ, very God and perfect man, who actually suffered, was crucified, dead, and buried, to reconcile the Father to us, and to make atonement, not only for our actual guilt, but also for original sin.
3. We believe that Christ did truly rise again from the dead, and took again His body, with all things appertaining to the perfections of man’s nature, and ascended into heaven and there sits until He shall return to judge all men at the last day.
4. We believe the Holy Spirit, proceeding from the Father and the Son, is of one substance, majesty and glory with the Father and the Son, very and eternal God.
5. We believe in the divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, known as the Bible, composed of sixty-six books and divided into two departments, Old and New Testaments. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, the full and complete revelation of the plan and history of redemption.
6. We believe that eternal life with God in heaven is a portion of the reward of the finally righteous; and that everlasting banishment from the presence of the Lord and unending torture in hell are the wages of the persistently wicked (Matthew 25:46; Psalm 9:17; Revelation 21:7, 8).
7. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the remission of sins that are past, for the regeneration of penitent sinners, and for salvation from sin and from sinning (Romans 3:25; 1 John 3:5-10; Ephesians 2:1-10).
8. We believe , teach and firmly maintain the scriptural doctrine of justification by faith alone (Romans 5:1).
9. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the complete cleansing of the justified believer from all indwelling sin and from its pollution, subsequent to regeneration (1 John 1:7-9).
10. We believe in sanctification. Sanctification is initiated in regeneration and consummated in glorification. Sanctification delivers from the power and dominion of sin. It is followed by lifelong growth in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:16; 2 Peter 3:18).
11. We believe that the Pentecostal baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire is obtainable by a definite act of appropriating faith on the part of the fully cleansed believer, and the most Scripturally documented evidence of the reception of this experience is speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Luke 11:13; Acts 1:5; 2:1-4; 8:17; 10:44-46; 19:6).
12. We believe in divine healing as in the atonement (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; Mark 16:15-18; James 5:14-16; Exodus 15:26).
13. We believe in the imminent and personal return of Jesus Christ. Jesus instructed us that we would not know the day or the hour of His return and we believe that one should avoid becoming too dogmatic about the chronology of eschatology. However, we do believe that Scripture supports a pretribulational rapture of the church and a premillennial second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:10-14; Matthew 24:29-44), and we love and wait for His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8).
14. We believe it is the responsibility of every believer to dedicate his life to carrying out the work of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-20; Acts 1:8).
Dr. Timothy C. Lambert
Church Planter, Pastor and Entrepreneur; Dr. Timothy C. Lambert has a tremendous passion for God’s Word coupled with a love for God’s people. He has a contagious spirit of generosity that flows through every facet of his ministries and businesses. Having received his mandate from God in 1992 to move to Chesapeake, Virginia to plant a new church and to establish a pulpit in the marketplace, Dr. Lambert, obediently fulfills his calling as Founder and Senior Pastor of Christian Embassy International Church, Founder and Director of the Healing Rooms of Tidewater Virginia, Founder and President of The Trusted Compass Christian Business Network of Hampton Roads and Owner of The Shepherd’s Guide Publishing Company.
Healing Rooms of Tidewater, VA
Bringing Healing to the Nations…
The Healing Rooms of Tidewater Virginia are held at Christian Embassy International Church every Tuesday 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Sick individuals or people in need of prayer are invited to “walk in” at any time during these hours. There is no church service. This ministry is open to the public and any individual seeking prayer for physical healing, mental healing or special needs is invited to come.
No appointment is needed and there is no fee or cost.
We are also training people who feel called to pray for the sick and see them recover. Please call the church office (757-479-5412) or send a message if you need more information.